This is really one of my all-time favorite recipes!
I always make my own cream-of-chicken soup so I included a separate recipe for those of you who want to do that
Recipe: Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 bag (12 oz) frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Onion
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) Cream of Chicken soup
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream (have also used cream cheese)
- 4 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts (1 1/4 lb), cooked, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 frozen Pies Crust (top only)
- Cook and drain vegetables according to package
- Pre-heat oven to 375°
- In 2-quart saucepan, mix Flour, Salt, Poultry Seasoning, Pepper and Milk with wire whisk until blended.
- Stir in onion.
- Cook over medium heat 4-6 mins, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir in soup and sour cream.
- Add chicken and cooked vegetables; mix well.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until thoroughly heated.
- Pour into ungreased 2-quart round casserole.
- Unroll pie crust; place over hot filling. Seal edge and flute as desired. Cut slits in several places in crust.
- Bake 35-40 mins or until crust is golden brown and mixture is bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Melt butter in saucepan
- Sprinkle flour over melted butter
- Cook over med heat, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes
- Slowly whisk in milk and broth
- Heat thoroughly