This is another favorite!
I like to eat mine with 365 Organic Buttered Rounds
(like Ritz, but without the GMOs)
but it’s also good with warm crusty bread!
Recipe: Kale Soup
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 medium white waxy Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium Onions, chopped
- 4 to 6 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 Bay Leaves, fresh or dried
- 1 pound Kale, coarsely chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can Garbanzos (chick peas), drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced Tomatoes
- 1 pound diced Chorizo, casing removed
- 1 quart Chicken Broth
- Crackers or crusty bread (optional)
- Heat Oil in a deep pot over medium-high heat.
- Add Potatoes and Onions, cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Garlic, Bay Leaves, and Kale to the pot. Cover and wilt greens for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add Beans, Tomatoes, Chorizo, and Broth to the pot and bring soup to a full boil.
- Reduce heat back to medium and cook 5 to 10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
- Serve soup with crackers or bread